CONNECTICUT STATE MUSIC TEACHERS ASSOCIATION
SEVENTH ANNUAL FESTIVAL AUDITION
Sunday, December 12th, 2021
Time: TBD (beginning sometime around 1:30)
Suzuki School 246 Post Road East Westport, CT 06880
(Parking is accessible via Imperial Avenue. Turn on to Imperial from the Post Road, then turn left at the “Colonial Greens” sign. Drive up the left ramp ahead of you, then turn
left. The school is in front of you.)
1. The goal of this festival is to provide recognition to motivated students who can prepare for an evaluated audition, and who are confident enough to perform in public. It is open to students of voice, piano and all other instruments.
2. Students who intend to participate in CSMTA's Deborah Kahan Competition in January of 2022 are NOT eligible to perform in this event.
3. Three levels of awards will be given: Medal (1st), Blue ribbon (2nd), and Red ribbon (3rd).
4. For non-members, there is a one-time registration fee of $50 to participate. (This fee is the same regardless of how many students a teacher enters.)
5. The application fee is $35 per student of CSMTA Fairfield Chapter teachers, $45 for students of non-members.
6. Both the application fee and the registration fee should be combined in one check and made payable to Fairfield Chapter, CSMTA (Memo: 2021 Chapter Festival). Each teacher may enter a maximum of 7 students.
7. Selections to be performed must be memorized. Students may perform one piece, or a collection of short pieces, but the duration of any performance must fall within the following time limits. If a performance exceeds the stated time limit, the participant will be stopped without penalty.
The three age categories and their time limits are as follows:
a) age up to 9: 4 minutes
b) age 10-12: 7 minutes
c) age 13 and up: 8 minutes
8. Applications sent via regular mail must be postmarked on or before Nov. 29, 2021.
by that date. If applying by email, checks must be received by December 8. Please fill out the information on the application form and send it to Andrew Gordon either via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or via regular mail to 23 Sullivan Drive, Redding, CT, 06896.
9. The auditions will be held live this year and not via video. To comply with Covid-related safety measures, all students and accompanying family members must be masked. It is hoped that all people present who are eligible to be vaccinated will have taken that step. Each recital will be limited to groups of 10 students maximum, and only one other family member will be permitted in the concert room. The recitals will be broadcast over Zoom, so that other family members can watch in real time.
Click below to download the application: