CONNECTICUT STATE MUSIC TEACHERS ASSOCIATION
SEVENTH ANNUAL FESTIVAL AUDITION
Sunday, December 15th, 2019
Diamond Hill Church
521 E Putnam Ave.
Cos Cob, CT 06807
1. The goal of this festival is to provide recognition to talented and motivated students who can prepare for an evaluated audition, and who are confident enough to perform in public. It is open to students of voice, piano and all other instruments.
2. Students who intend to participate in CSMTA's Deborah Kahan Competition, which will be held in January 2019, are NOT eligible to perform in this event.
3. Four levels of Awards will be given: Medal (1st), Blue ribbon (2nd), Red ribbon (3rd), and Participant.
Certificates will be given to all who play in this event.
4. Teachers who are members in good standing of the Fairfield Chapter of the CSMTA for the current year may enroll students to participate in this event without a registration fee. However for non members, there is a registration fee of $50.
5. The application fee is $30 per student of CSMTA Fairfield Chapter teachers. For students of non members, it is $40..
6. Both the application fee and the registration fee should be made payable to Fairfield Chapter, CSMTA (Memo: 2019 Chapter Festival). Each teacher may enter a maximum of 7 students.
7. Selections to be performed must be memorized. Students may perform one piece, or a collection of short pieces, but the duration of any performance must fall within the following time limits. If a performance exceeds the stated time limit, the participant will be stopped without penalty by overriding the time limit.
The three age categories and their time limits are as follows:
a) age up to 9 -- less than 4 minutes
b) age 10-12 -- less than 7 minutes
c) age 13 and up -- less than 8 minutes
8. The deadline for entry is Dec 1st
Please fill out the information on the application and e-mail it to Andrew Gordon at , 23 Sullivan Drive in Redding, 06896.